Tuesday, September 27, 2016

God Characterization Map and Reflection


Last night for homework we read Genesis 6-9 and learned about God's characteristics through indirect characterization.  In class today, we made a mind map about God. There were many things that I learned about God through indirect characterization, especially from things he said. For example, God said, “For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.​
”
From this quote and other quotes, I learned that God is cruel, harsh, and impatient, but he can also be caring because he game Noah a lot of guidance. Some of these characteristics about God are very surprising to me. I never thought about God to be cruel and harsh, I thought he was almost perfect, but I learned today that he actually has done many cruel things that weren't fully necessary. Additionally, I now think of God as more of a character rather than a powerful figure without any flaws. Out of all the assignments we completed, this is definitely one of my favorites. That is because I learned something interesting about God and I also enjoyed creating the mind map because I hadn't done many in school. Assignments like this are very different from other classes and I like them much better because they are not boring at all. Also, it doesn't involve writing anything down or printing anything, we can just submit it electronically. It is much easier than printing or writing homework, and I hope other classes can start assigning homework like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment